UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer jamesba-bbc
Observer

IP Integrator Instantiation of AXI PCIe Bridge lacking xdc file

When I instantiate the PCIe AXI Bridge using the IP Catalogue one of the generated products is an xdc file which contains necessary constrainst for the core. However when I generate the same IP core inside IP Integrator as part of a block diagram based design the core generates without the xdc file, I suspect this is a bug.

For the moment I'm solving this by generating the core in IP catalogue and instantiating it in my top-level VHDL wrapper inside which I instantiate the block-diagram based design which contains the other components.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: IP Integrator Instantiation of AXI PCIe Bridge lacking xdc file

Just tried it in 2013.2, the XDC is generated for the PCIe core (see the attached snapshot). Which version are you using?

snapshot171.jpg

@jamesba-bbc wrote:

When I instantiate the PCIe AXI Bridge using the IP Catalogue one of the generated products is an xdc file which contains necessary constrainst for the core. However when I generate the same IP core inside IP Integrator as part of a block diagram based design the core generates without the xdc file, I suspect this is a bug.

For the moment I'm solving this by generating the core in IP catalogue and instantiating it in my top-level VHDL wrapper inside which I instantiate the block-diagram based design which contains the other components.

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos
Observer jamesba-bbc
Observer

Doesn't work for me. I note you're using Verilog. I'm using VHDL and my project is set for the VC707 board. 

0 Kudos
Observer jamesba-bbc
Observer

Now every time I create the core by *any* means no constraints file is created.

0 Kudos
Observer jamesba-bbc
Observer

Ok, as far as I can tell what actually happens is that IF I select the VC707 board settings when customising the core then it generates no xdc file, but if I leave it as None then it does generate a file.

0 Kudos