UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor frankwl
Visitor

ISE: Cannot use "Open Project". Have to use "New Project"

I have used both ISE Design Suite 14.6 and 14.7. Both of them don't allow me use "Open Project" to reopen an existing project. Every time I re-open the software, I have to use "New Project" to create a new project and then copy all source files over. If I use "Open Project", the ISE Design Suite will close itself. Anyone has this experience or know how to solve this problem?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ISE: Cannot use "Open Project". Have to use "New Project"

Hello,

Can you specify your operating system ? This issue seems to be OS specific.

Please check below AR

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/38474.html

Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Moving to Design Entry board. This board is only for Simulation based queries.
Regards,
Debraj
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Visitor frankwl
Visitor

Windows 8.1 x64

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Windows-8 is not a supported OS for ISE tools. 

Please refer to page-7 of http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_5/irn.pdf for details on supported OS.

If you face the same issue when working on supported OS, let us know.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos