cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

ISE: Cannot use "Open Project". Have to use "New Project"

I have used both ISE Design Suite 14.6 and 14.7. Both of them don't allow me use "Open Project" to reopen an existing project. Every time I re-open the software, I have to use "New Project" to create a new project and then copy all source files over. If I use "Open Project", the ISE Design Suite will close itself. Anyone has this experience or know how to solve this problem?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello,

Can you specify your operating system ? This issue seems to be OS specific.

Please check below AR

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/38474.html

Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Moving to Design Entry board. This board is only for Simulation based queries.
Regards,
Debraj
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Windows 8.1 x64

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Windows-8 is not a supported OS for ISE tools. 

Please refer to page-7 of http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_5/irn.pdf for details on supported OS.

If you face the same issue when working on supported OS, let us know.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos