UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ISE doesn't work after a crash.

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I have this problem, yesterday Project Navigator (ISE8.2) crashed while opening a project, a serious crash, the system was restarted automatically. I tried to open the project again, and PN crashed again, this time without restarting the computer, but I got messages like "The memory cannot be read ..." etc. etc. I tried again to open the project, this time no errors, but it seems that the project file is damaged, the project is not loaded, I get only some strange characters in the Sources Pane. Now this happens also with other projects. Of course I'm sure that the projects are good, I tested them on a different computer. In few words, ISE is not working anymore on this computer.

I got this problem in the past with ISE7.1, the solution was to format the PC, even removing and reinstalling ISE didn't solve the problem. I really would like to evitate formatting the computer this time, any hints?

Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: ISE doesn't work after a crash.

Jump to solution
Thank you very much, it seems that this was the problem.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Participant jared.chen
Participant

Jump to solution

Hi Nemesis,

Please examine the Environment Variables is right or not. You can check it in XINFO report. The XINFO report is produced by using the XINFO System Checker software that is installed as an application with the ISE design tools. If in Windows, go to Start -> Programs -> Xilinx ISE -> Accessories -> Xinfo System Checker.

XILINX and Path should point to the ISE install directory. Example:

Path: d:\Xilinx\10.1\ISE\lib\nt;d:\Xilinx\10.1\ISE\bin\nt;d:\Xilinx\10.1\EDK\lib\nt;d:\Xilinx\10.1\EDK\bin\nt;

XILINX: d:\Xilinx\10.1\ISE

If the variables are wrong, please reference AR #11630 - Install - How do I check or manually set environment variables?

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/11630.htm

If this does not resolve your problem, please open a web case and attatch the xinfo report.

Regards,

Jared

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Please try to remove the files in this diretory:

C:\Documents and Settings\<your name>\Local Settings\Temp

ISE sometimes will store data here. Removing temp files sometimes helps.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Thank you very much, it seems that this was the problem.
0 Kudos