UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Launching Design Summary/Report Viewer...

Hello,

My ISE 14.7 (on Windows10) gets stuck on "Launching Design Summary/Report Viewer...". I was able to synthesize and generate bit file until yesterday but it won't work since then. How do I check if my project file in corrupted? It's not possible that the file size of such a small project is too much. Please suggest some possible issues. 

Best,

Soumya 

design.PNG
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

Re: Launching Design Summary/Report Viewer...

@soumya.91singh,

First and foremost - ISE 14.x is NOT recommended to run on Windows10.

My ISE 14.7 (on Windows10) gets stuck on

See this answer record for supported OS: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/18419.html

Have you tried rebooting your PC and then continuing with your project?

Else try uninstalling and re-installing ISE and try again (your project files remains the same). But still, running ISE under Win10 you might run into more unknown problems.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

@dpaul24

Yes, I have tried rebooting my PC. It does not make a difference. There are some admin issues here, but I have to try my best to work with Win10 for now. I know it gives unknown problems but it still need to bring it to pass. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

@soumya.91singh,

I really don't understand what are you trying to do and achieve.

First you ignore the OS recommendation for ISE - ok fine!

There are some admin issues here, but I have to try my best to work with Win10 for now.

Now after reading the above statement of yours, I took a look at your attached screenshot carefully.

I have seen that you are using a Xilinx 7 series device - xc7z020. Have you selected the wrong device?

I am re-attaching the SS and have highlighted the part.

For a 7 series Zynq device you MUST use Vivado simulator, which will work with Win10.

design.PNG

FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
0 Kudos