UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Looking for an IP to Connect Multiple IPs

Jump to solution

Hello, I am new in block design. I am looking for an IP that is able to connect multiple IPs. For example, there is a multiplier IP with AXI bus. How could I connect this IP to the two separate IPs (i.e., let the multiplier connects with DMA IP and connects with an adder IP)? I tired to manually connect them in Vivado block design, but it failed. So is there any IP that could help to make the one AXI bus port connect to the two other AXI bus ports?

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Looking for an IP to Connect Multiple IPs

Jump to solution

Hello,

If you want to split an AXI Stream bus like you described, you just need something like the AXI Stream Broadcaster IP.

If you need an interconnect (which allows routing of different masters to different slaves), you need to make sure to understand the difference between AXI and AXI Stream. There are separate interconnects for each so make sure you're using the right one. The complex multiplier has an AXI Stream interface so you should be using the AXI Stream Interconnect.

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Jump to solution
Assuming I understand what you need, what you are looking for is called an "axi(s) interconnect". You can make a 1 slave 2 master configuration and connect multiplier output to the slave port and connect the two masters to DMA & adder respectively.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply! I added the "axi interconnect" into the block design, and tried to connect the multiplier slave port to other IPs' master ports. But it looks like I cannot physically connect them using axi interconnect (i.e. manually connect the ports). Could you please tell me how to connect them with axi interconnect? Sorry that I am pretty new in Vivado.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi

Below doc will give more details on the usage of Axi interconnect

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/axi_interconnect/v2_1/pg059-axi-interconnect.pdf

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello,

If you want to split an AXI Stream bus like you described, you just need something like the AXI Stream Broadcaster IP.

If you need an interconnect (which allows routing of different masters to different slaves), you need to make sure to understand the difference between AXI and AXI Stream. There are separate interconnects for each so make sure you're using the right one. The complex multiplier has an AXI Stream interface so you should be using the AXI Stream Interconnect.

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for your reply! It is very helpful!

0 Kudos