UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor lee.lemay
Visitor

Migrating EDK IP to Vivado for AD-FMCJESDADC1-EBZ reference design

I am attempting to migrate the reference design for the AD-FMCJESDADC1-EBZ to Vivado. The reference design can be found here:

http://wiki.analog.com/resources/fpga/xilinx/fmc/ad-fmcjesdadc1-ebz

I am following the steps in chapter 5 of UG940, using the "Create and Package IP" too, but I run into a problem when I try to package one of the components. It gives a critical error:

[IP_Flow 19-2976] File Group 'xilinx_anylanguagesynthesis (Synthesis)': The referenced subcore "xilinx.com:ip:axi_master_lite:1.00.a" is not found in the IP catalog.

I tried to find documentation on the axi_master_lite core, and it seems to say that it is included in Vivado. However, it does not show up in the IP Catalog. I tried modifying all of the references to version 3.00, since that is the most current release, and I got the error to change to:

[IP_Flow 19-2976] File Group 'xilinx_anylanguagesynthesis (Synthesis)': The referenced subcore "xilinx.com:ip:axi_master_lite:3.00.a" is not found in the IP catalog.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Lee

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Migrating EDK IP to Vivado for AD-FMCJESDADC1-EBZ reference design

Hi,
Looks like vivado was not able to find the IP .Is the IP added to the project repositories?
Please refer to the latest migration details for migration.
Migration guide:http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2013_3/ug911-vivado-migration.pdf
Regards,
Achutha
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor lee.lemay
Visitor

It seems true that the ip core xilinx.com:ip:axi_master_lite:1.00.a is not being seen by Vivado.

I also modified the project to find v3.00.a, since that is the most recent release, and it wasn't seen either. My question is, why isn't it being seen by Vivado, and how do I fix it?

The core seems to be a xilinx core - it's documentation can be found here:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/index.html/content/xilinx/en/supportNav/ip_documentation/embedded_processing/processor_interface/axi_master_lite.html

The pdf file lists vivado as part of its tested design flows:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/axi_master_lite/v3_0/pg161-axi-master-lite.pdf

Why isn't it already included in Vivado?

I appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Every IP/custom IP generated is associated with the .xml and the user is supposed to source the .xml so that Vivado picks the IP .

Can you  try the below steps and see if that helps?

1.Open Vivado Project

2.Click on Tools -->Project Settings

3.Click on IP 

4.Click on Add Repository and source the IP .xml file and click OK.

5.Once the .xml file is source and the IP is added you should see the IP in the IPin Selected Repository tab.

6.After the IP is seen in the repository window, open the block design and see if you can add the IP.

Regards,

Achutha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Do you have a chance to follow the steps?
Do you still see the issue?

Regards,
Achutha

0 Kudos