UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant yinglu2
Participant

Module references are out-of-date

Hi,I am trying to add a RTL module into Block Design,and after I generated the BD via OOC,it successful but it prompt that "Modul references are out-of-date. Refresh changed modules".

I think I encounter the issue as https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Entry/2017-2-quot-Refresh-changed-modules-quot-not-cliclable/m-p/792412#M14434   but I don't understand the solution. How can I solve it? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Module references are out-of-date

Hi @yinglu2 ,

After addignRTL module. Create a wrapper around the design and set that as top and then try. Also please check the below post:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Entry/Vivado-Block-Design-error-when-a-RTL-block-instantiates-catalog/td-p/755285 

Thanks,

Raj.

0 Kudos
Participant yinglu2
Participant

Hi,the original BD consists of the IP from IP Catalog,and I want to add a RTL module in BD. I found I couldn't generate a HDL wrapper for this RTL module. I couldn't set it as the TOP either, How can I do it?

0 Kudos
Participant yinglu2
Participant

Hi, in Xilinx UG944, I think the HDL Wrapper is generated for BD. I have generated the HDL wrapper for the whole BD, but I still get the out-of-date warning.

And I found I didn't generate the .xci file, in UG944 there is a .xci file for the RTL module in the guide,

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 10.11.08 AM.png

However, in my design, it showed "Module Reference Wrapper" as below.

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 10.13.03 AM.png

BTW, may I know can I make the RTL module OOC?

0 Kudos