UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie cardona

NgdBuild:604 - logical block

Hi, 
I was trying to use the FFT IpCore from Xilinix, but I get an error, SO I began with simple basis to understand what was going on. 
Now I have the simpliest code ever and I have the same error, and I've been trying to solve the issue reading forums but I haven't found a solution 
My actual code is using a counter and using a top-level block to instatiative. 

LIBRARY ieee;

USE ieee.std_logic_1164.all;

USE ieee.std_logic_unsigned.all;

USE ieee.numeric_std.all;

entity top_level_FFT is

port(

clock : in std_logic;

dout: out std_logic_vector(7 downto 0)

);

end entity top_level_FFT;

architecture arch of top_level_FFT is

begin 

COMPONENT c_counter

PORT(

clk : IN std_logic;        

q : OUT std_logic_vector(7 downto 0)

);

END COMPONENT;

Inst_c_counter: c_counter PORT MAP(clk => clock,q => dout);

end architecture arch; 

and I have this error, 

ERROR:NgdBuild:604 - logical block 'uu1' with type 'c_counter' could not be   resolved. A pin name misspelling can cause this, a missing edif or ngc file,   case mismatch between the block name and the edif or ngc file name, or the   misspelling of a type name. Symbol 'c_counter' is not supported in target   'spartan6'.

Thanks for your help, 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: NgdBuild:604 - logical block

The message means that the netlist that you provided to ISE includes a module c_counter and the netlists did contain the contents of this module nor was there a NGC file or EDIF file that matched the same name.

So, where in your design is the c_counter module contents defined?

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos