Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akozak
Observer
Observer

Question about AR 57546: editing a subsystem IP

Jump to solution

I made changes to connect the power down inputs of the GT to the power down of the aurora 64b/66b core.  I locked the core, made the changes externally, and then synthesized to verify that everything worked.  The aurora IP is in an IP I am packaging to use in a project.  After I package the IP, I add the IP to a bd in a project and it regenerates the outputs and overwrites the changes I made. 

Questions:

1. Do I need to keep the IP locked?  I was unable to synthesize the project with the bd with a locked IP.
  2. What am I doing wrong here?  I tried running the make_static.tcl to package the IP with a "hardened" xci but the output makes an ip with the same name in a different directory with all the changes I want, but without an XCI.  How do I use this static IP instead of the original IP?  In the IP catalog, it is reported as a helper core and cannot be used.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
akozak
Observer
Observer

Solved:  What the answer record doesn't explain is that you need to then edit the static IP in the IP manager (right click on the static IP and hit edit).  From there, you need to set a VLNV and family for compatibility.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
akozak
Observer
Observer

Solved:  What the answer record doesn't explain is that you need to then edit the static IP in the IP manager (right click on the static IP and hit edit).  From there, you need to set a VLNV and family for compatibility.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos