UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer thomasmurphyge
Observer

Running "Update Board Repositories" in Project Creation Hangs with Filtered Network Connection

Jump to solution

In Vivado 2019.1, there is an option to "Update Board Repositories" provided in the New Project wizard interface. If the "Download" button is clicked when behind an SSL-intercept firewall/proxy (typically from a corporate network, as is my case), the connection to the Github repository fails and the dialog locks up the whole Vivado instance. The "Downloading Boards" status window cannot be canceled nor closed. A screenshot of this state is attached to this post.

Is there a way to manually retrieve and store the data in Vivado from https://github.com/Xilinx/XilinxBoardStore? Can this interface be updated to prevent locking up Vivado on certain failed network states?

Tags (2)
Vivado 2019.1 Update Board Repositories.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Running "Update Board Repositories" in Project Creation Hangs with Filtered Network Connection

Jump to solution

Hi @thomasmurphyge ,

I think you should be able to install the boards by using the tcl commands given on the wiki page. Please let me know if it doesn't work atyour end.

~Chinmay

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Running "Update Board Repositories" in Project Creation Hangs with Filtered Network Connection

Jump to solution

Hi @thomasmurphyge ,

I think you should be able to install the boards by using the tcl commands given on the wiki page. Please let me know if it doesn't work atyour end.

~Chinmay

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

In case anyone else has this problem.

Had the same issue, my problem was that the board repository on windows is stored in the C:\Users\"Windows User Name"\AppData\Roaming\Xilinx\Vivado\20xx.x\xhub\board_store, as my windows username contains a Space vivado will fail when looking up the Path. 

Solution was uninstalling the board repo

xhub::uninstall [xhub::get_xitems]

Changing the repo path 

set_param board.repoPaths path-without-space

Then reinstalling the repo 

xhub::refresh_catalog [xhub::get_xstores xilinx_board_store]
xhub::install [xhub::get_xitems]