UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Ultrascale Transceivers wizard not allowing QPLL0 for some line rates, also not updating design

Jump to solution

I have a KCU105 eval board and am running tests on GTH channels. In Vivado 2015.2 I use the Ultrascale FPGAs Transceivers Wizard and am experiencing two issues:

[1] I noticed that for some line rates it will not let me select QPLL0 as the PLL type. For example at a line rate of 10Gbps I can select QPLL0 but if I change the rate to 9.6Gbs then QPLL0 is not shown in the pulldown menu. Is this expected? I am using the same settings for Tx and Rx and both sides behave this way.

[2] For the first several line rates I had no problem making changes. When I made a change it would automatically open a window for generating output products. Now when I make a change it does not open the window for generating output products and does not re-sythesize the IP. If I re-customize the IP it opens with the old settings (does not have the latest changes). Seems like something in tool has become stuck. This might also explain issue #1.

I am going to make a copy of the design and try deleting and recreating the GTH IP.

Thanks,

Jason

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Re: Ultrascale Transceivers wizard not allowing QPLL0 for some line rates, also not updating design

Jump to solution

@jt94093 Correct! there is VCO limitation.

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Ultrascale Transceivers wizard not allowing QPLL0 for some line rates, also not updating design

Jump to solution

I found Table 2-12 in UG576 that clarifies the QPLL0 vs QPLL1 issue. I assume that is what limits me to QPLL1 for some frequencies.

So I just have the issue where the wizard does not retain changes to the IP.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
Deleting and recreating the GTH IP seems to have fixed issue #2.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@jt94093 Correct! there is VCO limitation.

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos