cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Open IP Example Design

Hello, guys. I'm new in FGPA. I'm runing vivado 2016.04 on Windows 8.1. I'm trying to practice vivado design suite tutorial : Designing IP Subsystems Using IP Integrator (file is attached). In the last step, when i'm generate bitstream, there is error like this:

• subsystems_1
    • open_example_project -force -dir {E:/Sekerepsih/tutorial vivado/vivado ip subsytem} [get_ips subsystems_1_axi_iic_0_0]
      • [Common 17-69] Command failed: IP has no example tcl script

bitstream generation complete

1 error

although, there is one error. It says "bitstream generation successfully completed". Then I'm trying to open IP example design another four ip blocks, using right click on the ip block and click on the "open IP example design". there are some messages like this:

[Common 17-69] Command failed: IP has no example tcl script

• subsystems_1
    • open_example_project -force -dir {E:/Sekerepsih/tutorial vivado/vivado ip subsytem} [get_ips subsystems_1_axi_iic_0_0]
    • open_example_project -force -dir {E:/Sekerepsih/tutorial vivado/vivado ip subsytem} [get_ips subsystems_1_axi_quad_spi_0_0]
    • open_example_project -force -dir {E:/Sekerepsih/tutorial vivado/vivado ip subsytem} [get_ips subsystems_1_axi_uartlite_0_0]
    • open_example_project -force -dir {E:/Sekerepsih/tutorial vivado/vivado ip subsytem} [get_ips subsystems_1_axi_bram_ctrl_0_bram_0]
    • open_example_project -force -dir {E:/Sekerepsih/tutorial vivado/vivado ip subsytem} [get_ips subsystems_1_axi_bram_ctrl_0_0]

5 errors

Am I missing some step or something? thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bandi

HI @pratikto.sulthoni.h,

From the shared screenshot I see that the project directory location has spaces in between. Hence, can you please try removing the spaces and check if it helps.

ip_path.JPG

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi B

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos

Thanks@bandi .. I have already tried your solution, but the error message remain the same.. Any other suggestion??

0 Kudos
bandi

Hi @pratikto.sulthoni.h,

Can you please try to right click on the block design and select "generate output products". Then try opening example design.

Also putting the example directory in a location which has no spaces is not enough even if the original project has no errors the whole original project needs to be in a  directory with no spaces as well. Can you please make sure of this.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi B

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B

0 Kudos

"generate output product" and remove spaces doesn't work, @bandi.

Capture.PNG

I also try this solution too https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/58758.html

and the result is the same.

I have search manually the example design for axi iic ip. Is this link https://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/axi_iic.html#documentation

the right IP example design? Thanks @bandi

0 Kudos