UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer tl_rtclancy
Observer

Vidado 2017.4 Unecessarily Declares Block Design Out of Date

I had a block design which remained unchanged for several weeks and during that time was never declared out-of-date by Vivado (as expected). I then added DDR4 IP to it regenerated it and now every time I need to resynthesize or reimplement my top level design which contains the block design, Vivado declares it out-of-date. Has anybody else run into this and have a solution for it?

Thanks.

Bob

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Vidado 2017.4 Unecessarily Declares Block Design Out of Date

Hello @tl_rtclancy,

Normally, in the GUI, if you click on the link for Out-of-date (the "more info" link right next to the message), a window appears indicating what changed. You can then determine what's causing that from your TCL files. 

Please note that you can force the processes to up to date. Open the project in vivado. In the upper right-hand corner, click on "more info" and then "Force up-to-date". This step will prevent the tools from re-synthesizing and re-implementing the design.

You many also want to read this AR, that could also be related: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/68010.html

Hope the above helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer tl_rtclancy
Observer

Re: Vidado 2017.4 Unecessarily Declares Block Design Out of Date

I received the following from Xilinx Technical Support and so far I would say it has resolved the issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for contacting Xilinx. I am XXXXX and I will be working with you on this SR.

I have looked into your initial notes and understand sometimes when there is no change in BD/IP tool consider the changes and re-run the synthesis followed to implementation.

Please try below suggestion and let me know if it is helpful or not.

1. Go to project settings => IP
  2. Scroll down => Cache
  3. Change Cache setting from Local to Remote
  4. Provide the cache directory location. Click apply and Ok.

Now every run result has cache. Tool might start the re-run but will use the old DCP from cache.

Also you will get the message associated with the old result usage.

I hope the above information will be useful.

Thanks,
XXXXX

--------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos