UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor abregnsbo
Visitor

[Vivado 12-1773] No legal targets specified. Supported targets for this IP are: all

I am getting this error with this command:

generate_target {instantiation_template} [get_files $ip_dir/$ip_name/$ip_name.xci]

It happens if I having generated & synthesized an IP, open the project again, and try to regenerate the IP.

I have looked for how to delete IP from a project, i.e. the opposite of 'create_ip' but could not it. How do I delete IP from a project ?

My tcl code:

if {[file exists $ip_dir/ip_lib.xpr]} {
  open_project $ip_dir/ip_lib.xpr
} else {
  create_project -force ip_lib $ip_dir -part [Tech_Board2Part $board]
}

set_property ip_repo_paths $PROJECT(FPGA,ip_base_dir)/packaged_IP [current_project]
update_ip_catalog

create_ip -force -name $ip_base_name -vendor xilinx.com -library user -dir $ip_dir -version 1.0 -module_name $ip_name

generate_target {instantiation_template} [get_files $ip_dir/$ip_name/$ip_name.xci]    ;# FAILS 2nd time I run this code

generate_target all [get_files $ip_dir/$ip_name/$ip_name.xci]

catch { config_ip_cache -export [get_ips -all $ip_name] }
export_ip_user_files -of_objects [get_files $ip_dir/$ip_name/$ip_name.xci] -no_script -sync -force
create_ip_run [get_files -of_objects [get_fileset sources_1] $ip_dir/$ip_name/$ip_name.xci]
launch_runs -jobs 4 -verbose "${ip_name}_synth_1"

wait_on_run "${ip_name}_synth_1"
close_project

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: [Vivado 12-1773] No legal targets specified. Supported targets for this IP are: all

How about adding -force to generate_target command so as to overwrite existing output products?

For deleting the IP, you may want to try remove_files.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos