Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Vivado 2013.4 , still no report when packaging an IP

Hi, 

I had noticed and reported this problem with the older 2013.3 but in 2013.4 it is still there. 

The point is, when you package an IP, when at the final phase your press the Package IP button you expect the tool to generate some kind of log some where, stating that, e.g. It is OK! generate, ... or no Not OK!... 

But the tool doesn't generate exactly any log about the out-come of the operation. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado 2013.4 , still no report when packaging an IP

Hi,
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2013_4/ug939-vivado-designing-with-ip-tutorial.pdf
Page 50 says that IP packager window will close upon successful completion. Otherwise it will throwout an error.

Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Vivado 2013.4 , still no report when packaging an IP

Hi, 

That is correct!

In my idea, it would be great if a one sentence log was also generated. 

The next question I have is, 

when you package the IP , and the window closes successfully, does the status of the project gets updated? 

For example, 

I design some thing, 

I do synthesis and it has an error or a kind of problem, and, as a result on the upper corner of the screen I have the message, "synthesis failed", furthermore , in the message log you have several critical warnings and errors because of the mistake in the code. 

Now, I go  fix the problem and I go directly to packaging the IP, 

when the IP gets packaged successfully , the window gets closed, 

leaving the user the previous state of the tool, (errors in the message log)

which in my idea is confusing! 

Thanks any way. 

0 Kudos