UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Vivado 2015.2 - How to change default library of a design checkpoint (DCP)

Jump to solution

Hi all,

When I add a DCP files into my project, Vivado put it in the library "xil_defaultlib" by default. I want to assign a different library (e.g. target_lib) that is specified by the entity instantiation (e.g.  entity target_lib.sfifo_258x32_dr_FWFT) in our design. For now, we were unable to do so, yet a report_property of the DCP file tells me that we can. Using set_property and get_property commands always return the library xil_defaultlib. Does anyone know how to override the default library for DCP files?

set_property LIBRARY target_lib [get_files sfifo_16x8_dr.dcp]

get_property LIBRARY [get_files sfifo_16x8_dr.dcp]

report_property -all [get_files sfifo_16x8_dr.dcp]

Property                Type     Read-only  Value

CLASS                   string   true       file

FILE_TYPE               enum     false      Design Checkpoint

IS_AVAILABLE            bool     true       1

IS_ENABLED              bool     false      1

IS_GENERATED            bool     true       0

IS_GLOBAL_INCLUDE       bool     false      0

=======>>>> LIBRARY                 string   false      xil_defaultlib        <<<<==============

NAME                    string   true       C:/Design_IPs/sfifo_16x8_dr.dcp

NEEDS_REFRESH           bool     true       0

PATH_MODE               enum     false      RelativeFirst

SCOPED_TO_CELLS         string*  false      

USED_IN                 string*  false      synthesis implementation

USED_IN_IMPLEMENTATION  bool     false      1

USED_IN_SYNTHESIS       bool     false      1

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Re: Vivado 2015.2 - How to change default library of a design checkpoint (DCP)

Jump to solution
that's great. as your problem is solved please close this thread by accepting a post as solution.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Jump to solution
vivado synthesis & down-stream tools ignore library constructs so even if you could change it, it would not help you. I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish but selecting a synthesized cell from a specific library wouldn't work. Your best bet is to read dcp files into specific black box cells. This way you can have multiple cells in your design and you can read behaviorally different dcps into them if the interface is the same
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi Muzaffer,

I'm trying to fix this error message given by Vivado during the implementation phase (place & route): [Opt 31-30] Blackbox FIfoA (sfifo_16x8_dr) is driving pin DI[1] of primitive cell sv_op_R1_reg[3]_i_1. This blackbox cannot be found in the existing

I used entity instantiation of this fifo in my RTL (fifo_i0 : entity target_lib.sfifo_16x8_dr). If Vivado is giving me this error, I'm assuming that it is expecting the Fifo to be in the target_lib library. That why I want to be able to change the library. So, if Vivado ignores library constructs during implementation, how comes I am getting this error?

0 Kudos
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Jump to solution
you can open the synthesized design and look at this cell to see where it should come from. I still think this is not about library (as you can see there is no mention of the library in the error) but vivado just doesn't find the implementation for the black box.
Why don't you try read_dcp -cell to read your dcp into the black box and see if that works.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Muzaffer,

I was able to fix the problem using read_checkpoint -cell. Further investigation shows that the Hierachical Update was set to "Automatic Update and Compile Order". Setting it to Automatic "Update and Manual Compile Order" and reorder the files also solved my problem.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Jump to solution
that's great. as your problem is solved please close this thread by accepting a post as solution.
0 Kudos