cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davide.camerano
Adventurer
Adventurer

Vivado 2015.3: core containers and IP packager are incompatible?

Jump to solution

I have installled the new 2015.3 and, during the conversion of my project, the software prompts me to choose if I want to use the new "core containers" feature for the IPs. I read the on-line documentation and then I choosed to switch my IPs to the new mode. But the IP (a FIFO) was included in my custom IP, that has to be packaged before using it in the PFGA project. Unfortunately the packager does not recognise the new xcix files, so it is impossible to use this new feature in this case. Is it true?

regards

Davide

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swolf
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

During the packaging proceses, only xci files can be used.

Once an custom IP definition is created, you could use the xcix technology, although this is not supported under a BD (which how most people use custom IP, under a BD).

When first attempting to package a project, if there original project has xcix, you should see that the xci files are extracted and used.

If you open an IP Definiton for editing (or say, to upgrade a fifo under a custom IP, or if you create a new IP in an editing session), you'll want to continue to use xci.

The container technology is designed to be supported at the top most abstract source: a parent IP can only refer to child xci. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
swolf
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

During the packaging proceses, only xci files can be used.

Once an custom IP definition is created, you could use the xcix technology, although this is not supported under a BD (which how most people use custom IP, under a BD).

When first attempting to package a project, if there original project has xcix, you should see that the xci files are extracted and used.

If you open an IP Definiton for editing (or say, to upgrade a fifo under a custom IP, or if you create a new IP in an editing session), you'll want to continue to use xci.

The container technology is designed to be supported at the top most abstract source: a parent IP can only refer to child xci. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos