Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Vivado 2017.4 crashes when moving from simulation to BD

Jump to solution

opening project in 2017.4 (did not migrate or anything. Always worked with 2017.4). Running simulation, all is fine and working well. After simulation is finished I want to return to BD. I click on Open Block Design and Vivado crashes without any warning. In the folder sim there's a file named: hs_err_pid8332.log

Which has the error: 

#
# An unexpected error has occurred (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)
#
Stack:
no stack trace available, please use hs_err_<pid>.dmp instead.

This happens every time.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Upgrading to 2018.2 solved this issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted

@roymesi2

Try closing the simulation window and then open the block design from default vivado layout. 

Anyways tool should never crash. If you can share the archive project, I can test it on my end in latest 2018.2 build.

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Ok, thanks. I want to go to BD, fix something and then re-run simulation... if I close the simulation, then re-run from scratch will take a long time...

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@roymesi2

Can you try in 2018.2? Is this crash specific to one vivado project? Try checking on Xilinx example design (base zynq)

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Ok, will try and get back.

since I'm kinda new in Vivado, what is the correct way to run simulation AFTER changing something in the BD? I mean, I can "generate output products", etc.

Obviously I need to do some form of synth in order to take the changes into account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@roymesi2

Check out my posts in below link which has links of user guides, tutorial which will help new beginners with Vivado.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/General-Technical-Discussion/Vivado-Book/m-p/905447/highlight/true#M42248

--Syed

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Ok, thanks.

Since it is a simple question, can you help and give the straight answer instead of me going over hundreds of pages in order to find the answer?

:o)

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@roymesi2

Yes, after making the BD changes, you will need to regenerate the output products 

--Syed

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Upgrading to 2018.2 solved this issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos