Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jose_rocha
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado 2018.2 crashes

Jump to solution

Hi 

Last week, the vivado 2018.2 was running in this machine (win10-64bits) without problems.

Today, vivado 2018.2 crashes when I try to create a new project or try to open any existing project (it opens the project and crashes two seconds later). I reinstall vivado 2018.2, but it did not solve the problem.

I run "report_environment -file sytem_info.txt" in vivado "tcl console" and i’m attaching it and the “.log, .str, .debug and .dmp” files inside the file vivado_crash.zip. (crash by create and open a new project )

Please help me. Thanks in advance

Rocha

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prathikm

Hi @jose_rocha,

The Dump file shows the following.

Unable to load image C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2018.2\lib\win64.o\librdi_filemgmt.dll, Win32 error 0n2

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for librdi_filemgmt.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for librdi_filemgmt.dll

As tool was working before, I have confirmed with an install expert and it seems Windows Update got applied on this Win 10 OS and this is now causing an issue.

You can try the suggestion by howardp here - link. If this does not help you might uninstall the latest update that got applied to the previous update, as everything seems worked fine then. Steps are here: link2.

Thanks

Prathik

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and mark the appropriate post as 'accept as solution'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
prathikm

Hi @jose_rocha,

The Dump file shows the following.

Unable to load image C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2018.2\lib\win64.o\librdi_filemgmt.dll, Win32 error 0n2

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for librdi_filemgmt.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for librdi_filemgmt.dll

As tool was working before, I have confirmed with an install expert and it seems Windows Update got applied on this Win 10 OS and this is now causing an issue.

You can try the suggestion by howardp here - link. If this does not help you might uninstall the latest update that got applied to the previous update, as everything seems worked fine then. Steps are here: link2.

Thanks

Prathik

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and mark the appropriate post as 'accept as solution'.

View solution in original post

jose_rocha
Visitor
Visitor
Hi

Thank you for the Mr Prathik detailed reply and other encouragement reply via private message.
Fortunately  the problem was completely and “miraculously” solved by a Win10 update, that was available a few days after the original post.

Best Regards
Jose Rocha
0 Kudos