cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

Vivado 2019.2 linting - where can I find more information?

I just read on the 'what's new page' that Vivado 2019.2 adds an great new feature : Sigasi based linting :

"Next gen linter in text editor (Sigasi based)​

• Improved syntax checking​
  • Autocompletion​
  • Go to definition​
  • Find usages​
  • Auto formatting / indenting​
  • Enabled by project settings​"

Where can I find more details on this linting? What it covers, can we see the linting rules, can we adapt these if needed, etc.

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
4 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Vivado 2019.2 linting - where can I find more information?

@ronnywebers,

I think you need to install and use the sigasi studio creator as the text editor.

Look like it is paid. Is Xilinx providing this editor without a fee to be used with Vivado? :-D

https://www.sigasi.com/products/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

@dpaul24 I think that is already possible since a long time, Sigasi has a how-to page for Vivado. Indeed Sigasi is paid, it's a great tool, but rather expensive for our needs.

But what interested me was the phrase copy/pasted from the Xilinx release notes : "Next gen linter in text editor (Sigasi based)​". To me that sounds like they licensed the Sigasi linter or part of it, and integrated this in the Vivado editor. I can see that Xilinx is working on the editor, I remember in 2015.4 or 2017.2, it was merely something like notepad. So could this linting be the next step?

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@ronnywebers,

They are providing Vivado for free. I don't think they would embed a 3rd party Linting tool also for free. :-)

Did you chk out the cost also for Synopsys Spyglass license to be used as Linting tool?

FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

There is a limited set of Sigasi features available as part of Vivado, with no additional cost. To turn these on, you need to use turn it on in the settings. Tools->Settings. 

image.png

We don't currently have a list of the rules checked for available. 

0 Kudos