Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JiriS
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado 2020.2 doesnt store tool settings

Hello,

I have fresh install of Vivado 2020.2 on Win10 20H2 and Im not able to store any settings fo Tool ( default proj. directory, target language, IP example dir.) all of this in set to default after restart of Vivado.

reinstal doesnt help, disabling antivirus doesnt help.Im I missing something and its kin dof feature or its bug in my system? Its really disturbing.

Its very similar for installed boards, xHUB actualy shows green mark for digilent board, but i cannot select it before I remove it and install again for each project. (put boards into Appdata/Roaming ... folder solve this exact problem.

Any idea how to fix this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JiriS
Visitor
Visitor

Not appdata...., its '<version>/data/boards/board_files' directory.

0 Kudos
JiriS
Visitor
Visitor

Well so far  I was able to find that in Appdata/Roaming/Xilinx/Vivado/  is file vivado.ini which shall store all user specified parameters (last modification was day of first installation, not latest). Unfortunately is basicaly empty, there is only note where to find digilent boards, and nothing else.

Btw, part of this issue is also fact, that i cannot see any recent project after every restart of vivado. It really looks like a bug in installation, unfortunately reinstall of same version doesnt help at all.

By tracking resources, I was able to find that during change of settings in vivado, document Appdata/Roaming/Xilinx/Vivado/2020.2/vivado.xml is modified and include commands which refere to these changes, but its overwriten at restart.  

0 Kudos