UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie pbaston

Vivado Block Design - Break out individual bits of bus ?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Is there a way to break out a bus into individual bits, or into smaller buses, in the Vivado block editor ?

For example I have an AXI GPIO block with a 32-bit bus for the I/O. How do I connect discrete signals to individual bits of the bus ?

Thanks,

Pete Baston.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado Block Design - Break out individual bits of bus ?

Jump to solution

Hi

You can use  multiple Slice blocks to do this function.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi

You can use  multiple Slice blocks to do this function.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Plesae check below link for related discussion and more links

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Entry/Split-one-big-bus-into-two-smaller-bus/td-p/483064

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Newbie pbaston

Jump to solution

Thanks to those who replied, very quickly ! I hadn't spotted the "Slice" block !

Pete.

0 Kudos
Newbie pbaston

Jump to solution

It's a pity the slice block doesn't display the bits being sliced on the outside of the block. It's necessary to open up the block to see this. The same goes for the constant block...

Pete.