cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Vivado Manage IP/Packaged IP organization question

I'm having a little trouble understanding how the Manage IP/Package IP tools organize things in Vivado, and I was hoping for some clarification.

I have a couple custom EDK IP stored in a pcores folder, like this:

pcores
    |
    |---core1_v1_00_a
    |       |
    |       |--data
    |       |--devl
    |       |--hdl
    |
    |
    |---core2_v1_00_a
            |
            |--data
            |--devl
            |--hdl

In EDK, I can add a peripheral repository by pointing to the pcores folder, and then the cores show up in the EDK IP Navigator.  Now, I'm trying to migrate them to Vivado using the Manage IP and IP Packager tools.  What I would like to accomplish is to create a Vivado repository that works the same way, where I can point to the "pcores" folder as a repository in Vivado and each core will be accessible from the Vivado IP Catalog.

My confusion is how I tell Vivado this.  What I've done so far is to specify the "pcores" folder in Vivado as the New Customized IP Location after first clicking on Manage IP, then point the IP Packager to "core1_v1_00_a" to package that core, and then by pointing the IP Catalog to look for a repository at "pcores" I was able to use the core in a Vivado design.  Now, I would like to reopen the same Customized IP Location to add the second core to it, but when I click on Manage IP the option for recent locations is grayed out and I am forced to create a new location.

So my questions are:

1.  Is the New Customized IP Location that I specified when I first clicked on the Manage IP tool the "repository" location for the Vivado cores, or do I need to essentially just package each IP separately and point Vivado to the "pcores" folder?

2.  If the latter, what are the Customized IP Location and "empty_name.data" folder created there used for?

3.  Why might I not be able to open the Customized IP Location I specified originally?

Let me know if I need to clarify anything.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

The link given is no longer valid.  There is no

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/56358.html

Can this be corrected?  I would like to know the answer to the question.

Thank you

Nick

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Nick,

For Vivado 2014.3 and later, see: UG1115: Packaging Custom IP Tutorial

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos