cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Way
Adventurer
Adventurer

Vivado Warning [IP_Flow 19-3571] IP 'design_xx' is restricted: * Module reference is stale and needs refreshing.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I created a RTL modules and used module reference method to add the RTL modules into the block design in IP integrator. Once I tried to synthesize the design, there is a warning message mentioned "IP 'design_xx' is restricted: module reference is stale and need "refreshing". 

I did not able to find any solution about that and the root cause for this warning. I did not update the module or modifying the module. Wonder if why this warning appear and may I know how do we resolve this warning?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashishd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @Way ,

This issue is already reported to IP Flows development team through CR. Supposed to be fixed in next Vivado release (this is tentative and subject to change).
The warning is redundant and can be safely ignored.

Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
ashishd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @Way ,

Can you attach your RTL modules here? And which version of Vivado it is?

Regards,
Ashish
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
0 Kudos
Way
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @ashishd 

Sorry for the late reply. Attached is the RTL modules.

The version I am using is Vivado 2020.1

Hope to hear from you soon. 

0 Kudos
ashishd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @Way ,

I created project and added source file which you've attached to it. I then created module reference block design cell for this RTL and synthesized this project. Synthesis was successful without any issue. So few things to check -

1. Are you migrating this design from some earlier Vivado version?

2. Is this source file present in some revision control system wherein it can be edited and managed by several people?

3. Can you try adding command - update_module_reference {<list of module references in your block design>} before synthesizing the design? In this case, command should be -

update_module_reference design_1_vid_edid_0_0

Regards,
Ashish
0 Kudos
Way
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @ashishd ,

Thanks for the looking into this. Below is my answer to the questions

1. No

2. No

3. I tried to run the command in tcl console before synthesis the design. I am still seeing the warning.

At the same time, it is weird that why you didn't encounter the warning. I start from scratch with a new project, added the RTL to be a module in BD design, generate output product and create HDL wrapper. After that, I try to synthesize the design. I am still seeing the warning as shown below:

warning.PNG
0 Kudos
ashishd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @Way ,

I was unable to see the warning as I was generating output products of block design in Global mode and then performing top level Synthesis.

As per your latest snapshot, when I gave a try with ooc per IP (default) mode and I am able to reproduce this problem. Let me investigate further and will update. 

Regards,
Ashish
0 Kudos
ashishd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @Way ,

This issue is already reported to IP Flows development team through CR. Supposed to be fixed in next Vivado release (this is tentative and subject to change).
The warning is redundant and can be safely ignored.

Regards,
Ashish

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Way
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @ashishd 

Thanks for the information.

0 Kudos
aesanchez
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Ashish

I am getting the same problem. I am using Vivado 2020.2. Do the HDL sources need to be in a specific place besides sources?

Alberto

0 Kudos
ashishd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @aesanchez ,

This issue is fixed in upcoming Vivado release. HDL sources need not necessarily be at some separate location. 

Regards,
Ashish
0 Kudos
RustyWiire31
Visitor
Visitor

@ashishd  Do you mean in the Vivado 2020.3 version ? Because I have also this issue with Vivado 2020.2 and I don't know if the Vivado 2020.3 will fix this issue

0 Kudos
ashishd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@RustyWiire31  I meant 2021.1

Regards,
Ashish
rchokshi
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Ashish,

Do you know, Release date of 2021.1? Thanks in advace. 

0 Kudos
ashishd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @rchokshi ,

2021.1 is released. Please check and feel free to update regarding your observations for this issue.

Regards,
Ashish
0 Kudos