UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer deanbruce
Observer

Vivado clock input problem Using SRIO Gen2

I am having problems synthesising the SRIO GEN2 IP in a Vivado block diagram design.

The IP has a differential clock input which I am connecting directly to two clock input pins

I am initially attempting to use the 4 lane PCIE connector on the ZC706 for a 4 channel SRIO i/f. clocked by what would have been the PCIE clock.

i get :-

[Drc 23-20] Rule violation (REQP-1619) IBUFDS_GTE2_driven_by_IBUF - IBUFDS_GTE2 design_1_i/srio_gen2_0/inst/srio_clk_inst/u_refclk_ibufds pins I and IB should be driven by IBUFs.

the clock buffer in the IP catalogue doesn't seem to have a diff-in/ diff-out option assuming that is what s needed?

If  I create an external port  from the IP on the top level, it creates a single DIFF port (how do I assign his to two pins?)

Is there an easy way to get round this? please try to resist referring to U901 ;-)

On another note, I am a bit confused if Vivado is happy to instantiate my VHDL IP into a Verilog top level design.

The reason being that the SRIO GEN2 core is verilog and I am writing my code in VHDL.

what is the best way to do this?

Thanks

Dean

error.jpg

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado clock input problem Using SRIO Gen2

Hi,

Are you running synthesis in out of context mode by any chance?

Can you edit the wrapper file to include IBUF buffers on the refclk ports?

Thanks,
Deepika.
Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Observer deanbruce
Observer

Thanks for the response.

I wasn't running synthesis in out of context mode.

I did find that I had not recreated the wrapper and the clock inputs were not listed.

After recreating a verliog wrapper the clock pins now connect.

This does lead me to my other question regarding the fact that Ihave some custom IP blocks written in VHDL.

Is Vivado supposed to be able to handle Verilog and VHDL together?

Thanks

Dean

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Vivado synthesis has mixed language support. I suspect that the wrapper file may not be up to date which is the reason you saw the issue.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @deanbruce 

I hope your queries are answered. Please close this thread by marking the answer.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos