UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer adowd
Observer

Vivado forces a rebuild when I close a project

If I close Vivado and reopen it, I must rebuild my project.  As a build requires 2+ hours, this is a terrible drain on my time.   I'm pretty sure this issue is related to this error message that I get when I build:

"[Project 1-9] Cannot open structural netlist because no structural source files were specified. Edif, ngc ngo and verilog structural netlists are supported."

I found one other reference to this issue, but none of the information in that solution was of any help.  Here is some additional information: It's a VHDL project with a toplevel module that is specified in low case and defined in the project settings.  

Any help will be appreciated!

Andy D.  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado forces a rebuild when I close a project

Hi Andy,

Are you using incremental compile option?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

I got similar problem. As you have asked, I am using incremental compile.

How to resolve this problem?

I am using Vivado 15.2 version. 

Thank you,

K Nagarjuna

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

HI nagarjuna.k@mistralsolutions.com

Please crate a new thread  for better visibility instead of posting on the old threads.

Please try the latest version Vivado 2016.2 and check if the problem persists.

Thanks
Bharath
--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided addresses your query/concern.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos