cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Vivado forces a rebuild when I close a project

If I close Vivado and reopen it, I must rebuild my project.  As a build requires 2+ hours, this is a terrible drain on my time.   I'm pretty sure this issue is related to this error message that I get when I build:

"[Project 1-9] Cannot open structural netlist because no structural source files were specified. Edif, ngc ngo and verilog structural netlists are supported."

I found one other reference to this issue, but none of the information in that solution was of any help.  Here is some additional information: It's a VHDL project with a toplevel module that is specified in low case and defined in the project settings.  

Any help will be appreciated!

Andy D.  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Andy,

Are you using incremental compile option?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Deepika,

I got similar problem. As you have asked, I am using incremental compile.

How to resolve this problem?

I am using Vivado 15.2 version. 

Thank you,

K Nagarjuna

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

HI nagarjuna.k@mistralsolutions.com

Please crate a new thread  for better visibility instead of posting on the old threads.

Please try the latest version Vivado 2016.2 and check if the problem persists.

Thanks
Bharath
--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided addresses your query/concern.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos