cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado won't open

Hello to everyone.So I was working on an assignment normally and one day vivado(2019.1) would not open at all just says the message that launcher timed out. I have tried everything and nothing works. Nothing from xilinx will open and I have an assignment to do and don't have much time.If somebody knows anything I could try to solve this I would appreciate it.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

I have seen that sometimes, especially if there was a heavy task in second plane (ab)using the CPU. If you restart the machine, make sure nothing (heavy) runs when you kick Vivado and still happens... then is a machine problem, nothing we can help, I'm afraid.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Nope no heavy task and I am working with it for the last year. It is not that I now installed it. So don't think that my pc is at fault. Would love an answer from a xilinx technician though! Don't think it is normal when a program won't even uninstall.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Think about this: the software you installed is running without problems in thousands of machines with the same OS, do you agree? So there is nothing wrong with Vivado itself. Xilinx won't help with that (for the above reason "our software works") and users can't help because there is a thousand potential reasons and we would need to be with that specific machine to find out what happens. I've been in that situation before. I think the only assistance is from someone expert on PC software maintainance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @chris.v1

Have a look at this AR and try to follow it. https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/57386.html

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos