cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Warning: [Board 49-26] cannot add Board Part for zc706.... yet this part is not used or specified

Jump to solution

In Vivado versions 2014.2 through 2014.4, I  create a design for a custom board that specifies use of the xc7z10clg225-1 Zync processor and no board (since it's custom). On Implementation, I keep getting the following three warnings warnings:

[Board 49-26] cannot add Board Part xilinx.com:zc706:part0:0.9 available at C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2014.4/data/boards/board_parts/zynq/zc706/0.9/board_part.xml as part xc7z045ffg900-2 specified in board_part file is either invalid or not available

[Board 49-26] cannot add Board Part xilinx.com:zc706:part0:1.0 available at C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2014.4/data/boards/board_parts/zynq/zc706/1.0/board_part.xml as part xc7z045ffg900-2 specified in board_part file is either invalid or not available

[Board 49-26] cannot add Board Part xilinx.com:zc706:part0:1.1 available at C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2014.4/data/boards/board_parts/zynq/zc706/1.1/board_part.xml as part xc7z045ffg900-2 specified in board_part file is either invalid or not available

Anyone know the cause of these warnings? I can't find any place I've specified the xc7z045ffg900-2 chip or zc706 board part in my project, as I shouldn't because I don't use these parts.

BTW, if I wanted to make my own board part, how would I do that?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Did you install webpack edition of Vivado?

These boards are not supported in webpack and the tools are incorrectly displaying the messaging to inform of this.

You can ignore these messages.

To workaround the issue reinstall the tools with the full version of Vivado (design or system edition) and use the webpack license there. The messages will not appear. This issue if planned for fix in Vivado 2015.1.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

To add your own board please check these links

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Zynq-All-Programmable-SoC/How-to-import-Zybo-board-into-project/td-p/430566

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/58150.html

-Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Did you install webpack edition of Vivado?

These boards are not supported in webpack and the tools are incorrectly displaying the messaging to inform of this.

You can ignore these messages.

To workaround the issue reinstall the tools with the full version of Vivado (design or system edition) and use the webpack license there. The messages will not appear. This issue if planned for fix in Vivado 2015.1.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Thanks Vanitha for the links. The answer from them is simple:  No - you can't make your own board part.

However, one answer indcates might instead use an XML file? Not sure how to export or make that. I'm looking around the documentation and within Vivado exports, and can't yet find much information.

In searching, I also found that one can do a write_bd_tcl command (within the Tcl Console window?) instead of saving all the files under the IPI block diagram. This will write out a tcl script that can be sourced to re-build the block diagram in any project.

Anything else that may help in generating a template for others to start developing with my custom Zynq board?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Thanks for the answer.

Yes I use the webpack edition of which is adequate for my xc7z010 zynq chip.

Good to hear that warning is a bug, as it made no sense, but I couldn't find a way to clean my files of it. Spent too much time trying to fix it.

I'll stick with the webpack and just ignore the message for now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

I've the same warnings when I add an IP (my project is for zybo dev board).  After reinstall vivado system edition(2014.4), the warnings are still here.

The new Vivado 2015.1 has some issues with Zybo, then I'm still using 2014.4

How can I remove the warnings?

Thank you.

0 Kudos