UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Where can I find IP core demo in Vivado 2017.4?

Jump to solution

Hi,all

I can find the IP core demo in  **\sources_1\ip\mig_ddr3\mig_ddr3\example_design folder when I use Vivado 2017.3. But I can not find the IP core demo  when I use Vivado 2017.4.

I would like to ask you where to find the  IP core  demo in Vivado2017.4?

Thanks,

hgtcs

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Where can I find IP core demo in Vivado 2017.4?

Jump to solution

Hi @hgtcs,

In your case Open IP example design option is grayed out because it may possible that, that IP does not contain any example design. 

To check that, you need to click on IP documentation option which is just below the open IP example design and click on view product guide and check in that if the example design will be provided or not. 

i.e. DSP48 Macro v3.0 IP does not contain any example design and it shows like this in its product guide.

Captu990re.JPG

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
9 Replies
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

Jump to solution

@hgtcs,

Do you mean example_design of the IP core?

For this Vivado creates an entirely new project.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Yes, I want to find the example_design of the IP core. I create a new project and instantiate the IP core. But I don't know how to use it. So I want to refer to the example_design. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution
Thank you for your reply!
0 Kudos
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

Jump to solution
Just launch the xpr file and Vivado will open the project. Then do Run Simulation.
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @hgtcs

When you create a new project and instantiate IP, go to xci file in the sources hierarchy. Right click, select and click Open IP example design. This will open IP example design in a new project for you.

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Jump to solution

And if your in VHDL, 

good luck

Xilinx only support verilog examples, 

so they won't tell you much ,

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

TIM截图20180406103314.png

I can not click Open IP example design.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @hgtcs,

In your case Open IP example design option is grayed out because it may possible that, that IP does not contain any example design. 

To check that, you need to click on IP documentation option which is just below the open IP example design and click on view product guide and check in that if the example design will be provided or not. 

i.e. DSP48 Macro v3.0 IP does not contain any example design and it shows like this in its product guide.

Captu990re.JPG

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.

Jump to solution

Hi @hgtcs

As correctly mentioned by @hemangd, some IPs don't have example design and you can verify that by clicking IP documentation option below open IP example design.

But as you wish to open example design of MIG IP which does have its own example design, so not sure why are you not seeing this option. Could you please share the complete screenshot of sources hierarchy.

Also if you wish to open example design of any custom IP then that option will not be there.

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos