cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

after PC crash, can't open vivado project

After my PC crash probably due to memory issue, then after it reboot I cannot open my Vivado project and received this error. How to resolved this?

tchin123_0-1603303217717.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

To add to this issue to the orig thread, I try to open my project, XPR file and it is all @NULL character. Not an XML file anymore....is there a way to fix this
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

The shortest way to recover it is probably start over again from the sources that should be there or in your repository.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried upgrading the operating system of your spirit level?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted

@tchin123 

With the old ISE tools, recovering from a corrupted project was almost impossible.  However, recovering from a corrupted Vivado project is usually possible in the way that @joancab has described. 

Unlike an ISE project, a Vivado project stores most of its files (including your HDL source files) as text files.  In <this> post you will find what are the important files and where they are stored in a Vivado project.  Then, as Joan says, you can create a new Vivado project and import these important files from the old (corrupted) Vivado project.

The post that I referenced also talks about using the Vivado archive tool to make backups of your project (which you always do, frequently, right?).  The post also describes ways to significantly reduce the size of these backup files.

Cheers,
Mark

0 Kudos