Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

custom tcl script and ISE project navigator

Hello,

Is it possible somehow to run tcl script automatically when I start Generate Programming File process from the ISE Project Navigator?  (I'm using ISE 13.2). 

I have tcl script for generating time stamp and version control of my project. I don't want to run this script from tcl console. 

I'want to write date and time of bit file generation and version of my project to specified memory location...

Is there other possibility to do this using ISE and VHDL?

Thanks for help

Bogdan

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Bogdan,

I dont think we have an option to do this with GUI in ISE.

FYI. This has been implemented in vivado via hook scripts. Before/after very process in vivado you can run custom scripts using tcl.pre and tcl.post options.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

I know this post is old,

bu tincase som eone else runs into it

Pre.tcl does not run before the vivoado has elaborated,

which means the file you have updated with the tcl is now marked as out of data in your vivado.

Its very different to the altera version,,

Vivado needs a prepre.tcl !!!!

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos