UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant deritha-06
Participant

no button names "View Synthesis Report"?

I don't know why there isn't a button names "View Synthesis Report" under the Synthesize process.

Thanks.

no-view synthesis report.PNG
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: no button names "View Synthesis Report"?

I don't personally know as I wasn't part of that discussion. But it probably has to do with the organization of "actions" versus documents.

You can easily get to this in the "Detailed Reports -> Synthesis Report" part of the Design Summary tab of the main window. Which is accessible via the "Design Summary/Reports" at the top of the Design Processes window.

bt

0 Kudos
Participant deritha-06
Participant

Got it. It's because I didn't run Implement Design

Thanks

0 Kudos
Instructor
Instructor

Actually this is one of the irritating "features" of ISE 11.  I thought that the user interface of

ISE 10.1 was the best so far.  Forcing me to use the Design Summary/Reports view to

get to the report files is almost as irritating as the new integrated text editor with its

broken search and replace "features".

Grrrrr....

Gabor

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This decision was made by the Project Navigator team in an effort to try and consolidate all of the data about a design into the Design Summary.  What they didn't expect was how many people were using the "View Report" options incrementally.

As a workaround/compromise, we were able to get them to implement a "View Text Report" option if you right click on any completed process.

It's unfortunate for all of us that use the tools day-to-day for designs, but that's "progress..." :smileytongue:

-------------------------------------------
this space intentionally left blank
0 Kudos