cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

question about IP regenerate after upload to server.

Jump to solution

Hi,all

I'm using Vivado 2016.3.I generate a MIG core with the "Global" option in the generate output product dialog box.

Because I need the MMCM in the IP to generate a new clock , I modified the .v file provided with the IP.After I upload the project to the linux server and run synthesis,the IP regenerates

,as a result covers the file I modified.

Is there a way to force the ip files up-to-date ?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: question about IP regenerate after upload to server.

Jump to solution

Hi @lanhao1991

>>After I upload the project to the linux server and run synthesis,the IP regenerates,as a result covers the file I modified.

Looks like the IP is not modified properly leading to changes not getting saved. Generate the MIG core IP with "OOC" option and for modifying IP to add MMCM, follow the steps mentioned in the link, page 114  https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_3/ug896-vivado-ip.pdf

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rohit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @lanhao1991,

Are you referring to Tools> Report IP status> Upgrade IP option?

Well, there are some instructions regarding modifying IP core source files in Vivado as well.

Thanks & Regards,
Prathik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @lanhao1991

>>After I upload the project to the linux server and run synthesis,the IP regenerates,as a result covers the file I modified.

Looks like the IP is not modified properly leading to changes not getting saved. Generate the MIG core IP with "OOC" option and for modifying IP to add MMCM, follow the steps mentioned in the link, page 114  https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_3/ug896-vivado-ip.pdf

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit

View solution in original post

0 Kudos