UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

routing zynq us+ gtr_ref_clk as pl clock source

I'd like to use a PS gtr_ref_clk as the source for a Zynq PL clock. According to UG1085 v1.8 pages 1100 to 1101 this should be possible. My question is how can I configure the Zynq IP block in my Vivado design to actually do this?

ps_clk_mux.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: routing zynq us+ gtr_ref_clk as pl clock source

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @rshekhaw,

Unfortunately this does not answer my question. I already have a design that uses PS PLL's to drive PL side clocks. I understand the basic concept of that just fine. My question is very specifically about what I need to alter in the Zynq IP block itself in the block design in order to generate an HDF & FSBL that represents my intention of routing the gtr_ref_clk to the RPLL for use in PL clock generation?

I provided the diagram because it indicates that the MUXing inside the PS is designed to support this, but again how do I create the hardware design so that it will translate into utilizing the gtr_ref_clk to run the RPLL?

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

zynq_pll_ref_clk_selection.jpg

You see how I can choose the source for the RPLL, but it only shows options for PSS REF CLK and PSS ALT REF CLK, where are the other options??

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

@rshekhaw Any other advice you can provide on how to use the tool to accomplish this? Perhaps this feature isn't fully implemented and an SR for Vivado enhancement is required? Would just like to know best path forward here please.

0 Kudos