UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor jldekeyser
Visitor

vhdl code in schematic editor?.

Jump to solution

is it possible to add  vhdl code (like  signal assignement) directly in the schematic editor like a post-it? V 13.2

regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar joelby
Scholar

Re: vhdl code in schematic editor?.

Jump to solution

I don't think that's directly possible. Create a new VHDL module with a single output that is assigned to your fixed value, and then turn that into a schematic symbol? You'll need to edit the contents of the VHDL module to change the output (rather than somehow doing it through the schematic editor), but this should do what you're after.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar joelby
Scholar

Jump to solution

You can add an HDL module to a schematic by using Processes -> Design Utilities -> Create Schematic Symbol.

Is that what you wanted to do? If not, please let us know exactly what you're after.

0 Kudos
Visitor jldekeyser
Visitor

Jump to solution

thanks but  does not exist on my version???

I created a new source in my project   and it is a schematic one.

when I edit this file , I add some sylbols, and I would like to write some vhdl code directly from the diagram editor for exemple

for my symbol  with signal X <15 downto 0> , I would like to write explicitly x<= x"0101" 

see this exemple in the pdf file:  

yellow note

thanks...... 

0 Kudos
Scholar joelby
Scholar

Jump to solution

I don't think that's directly possible. Create a new VHDL module with a single output that is assigned to your fixed value, and then turn that into a schematic symbol? You'll need to edit the contents of the VHDL module to change the output (rather than somehow doing it through the schematic editor), but this should do what you're after.

0 Kudos
Visitor jldekeyser
Visitor

Jump to solution

yes at least we can do that.

thanks for you help

regards

JL 

0 Kudos