UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor cpantoja
Visitor

xst synthesis tool missing

Hello

I recently installed ISE WEBPACK12.2  on ubuntu 12.04 and when creating a new project on "Design Properties", the synthesis tool option is empty.

any suggestion?

I  have the Vivado Design Suite (include ISE WEBPACK) license, Subscription end  (NONE).

thank's for any help

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: xst synthesis tool missing

Can you post a screenshot to show the issue? Are you able to run Synthesis for your project?

Vivian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
0 Kudos

Hi.

Ubuntu is not supported OS with ISE. 

Regards,

Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor cpantoja
Visitor

Hello,

the Synthesis tool box appears empty therefore I have not enabled the synthesis

Sythesis.png

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Is the top level of your project an HDL file? Do you see "Synthesis - XST" in the process window? If you do, are you able to run synthesis by double clicking on "Synthesis - XST"?

Vivian

如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
0 Kudos
Visitor cpantoja
Visitor

Hi

Yes, my Top level source file is HDL, but I don't see Synthesis - XST in the process window.

VHDL.png

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Did you add the HDL file to the project (project-->Add source)?

I do not see it in hierarchy window. Please add this HDL file to the project. After this you should be able to see the synthesis option.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Visitor cpantoja
Visitor

Yes, I add the HDL file to project and I receive the following:

VHDL2.png

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The vhdl file you opened in the text editor is not shown in the Hierarchy window. How did you open it in Project Navigator? It seems that there is an error in the Message window right before "Started : "Launching ISE Text Editor to edit sum_res_vhdl.vhd" ". Can you post that error?

Something is not good in this project. The design hierarchy is not recognized. The "Synthesis - XST" process only shows up when the top level HDL file is selected in the Hierarchy window.

Vivian

如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Try removing this file in the Files Tab and adding it again.

Vivian

如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
0 Kudos