Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gayathri90
Explorer
Explorer

Dynamically varying the interconnects in FPGA

Jump to solution

Hello everybody,

I have a doubt in partial reconfiguration concept and would like to get it clarified. Recently i came across an ieee paper which was discussing the reconfiguring interconnects between different modules in the design.

I have read about and implemented modular based PR where we define a region : the reconfigurable partition and change its functionality using reconfigurable modules on the fly.

But, i couldn't find any material on reconfiguring the interconnects. If somebody is familiar with the concept can you please help me in understanding this?

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gayathri90
Explorer
Explorer

found the answer for my question.. :)

it is possible by front end difference based partial reconfiguration.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

In partial reconfiguration flow the interconnects are reconfigured when you dump a different partial bitstream of the RP. However the static logic/interconnect remains the same.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
gayathri90
Explorer
Explorer

Hi..

maybe i was not  clear enough in discussing my question.

Say i have 3 modules. In the first cnfiguration, i am connecting 1-2 and 1-3. In the next configuration i want to connect as 1-2-3 without any change in functionality.

I hope this would only change the interconnect. In that case, is there any change in the normal PR procedure?

Thanks

0 Kudos
gayathri90
Explorer
Explorer
is there anybody to help?
0 Kudos
gayathri90
Explorer
Explorer

found the answer for my question.. :)

it is possible by front end difference based partial reconfiguration.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos