Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Exporting IO report in Vivado to CSV which includes explicit Zynq MIO pins used

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right sub-forum to post this question.

I am using Zedboard (with the Zynq device) but I would like to create a custom board for my Zynq design. In order to design my schematic I need to know exactly what pins are mapped out on the Zynq, including what MIO pins are tied to each enabled peripheral.  When I export I/O ports (from the File menu), Vivado doesn't specify the peripheral pins, instead it just shows the generic MIO pins like this

C12 IOPAD_X1Y130 PS_MIO53_501 46.065 46.528 FIXED_IO_mio[53]
  D10 IOPAD_X1Y129 PS_MIO52_501 34.642 34.99 FIXED_IO_mio[52]
  C10 IOPAD_X1Y128 PS_MIO51_501 40.853 41.264 FIXED_IO_mio[51]
  D13 IOPAD_X1Y127 PS_MIO50_501 62.403 63.03 FIXED_IO_mio[50]
  C14 IOPAD_X1Y126 PS_MIO49_501 73.235 73.971 FIXED_IO_mio[49]

Is there a way to export all the signal names and pin numbers for the enabled peripherals (USB, Ethernet, UART, etc.)? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Follow the process below

1. Open block design.

2. Double click on zynq processing system.

3. In MIO configuration tab, right click on any of the IO peripheral and select export to spreadsheet.

4. Select the the location for XLS file to created and click on OK.

Now check the generated XLS file. Let us know if this has the information you are looking for.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Follow the process below

1. Open block design.

2. Double click on zynq processing system.

3. In MIO configuration tab, right click on any of the IO peripheral and select export to spreadsheet.

4. Select the the location for XLS file to created and click on OK.

Now check the generated XLS file. Let us know if this has the information you are looking for.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Great,

that works.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

As the query is answered, you can close the thread by marking post which helped as "accept as solution".

Regards,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am using Vivado 2018.3 and I get no context menu when I right click on any low speed peripheral in the I/O Configuration pane.  Has this feature been removed?  Has the feature been implemented in a different way?  It would be great if the version of Vivado that applies to the solution could be explicitly included in the solution.  Thanks.

-Cory

0 Kudos