Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucc2
Contributor
Contributor

LVDS* show up in red in vivado, HighPerformance bank, Ultrascale+ MPSoC

I am having problem assigning some LVDS* signals

They always show in red in vivado looked at other post but did not find the answer on how to fix.

These are IO in High Performance bank.

Any pointers?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bruce_karaffa
Scholar
Scholar

What version of Vivado.  Are the signals inputs or outputs?  What voltage is powering the bank?  What other IO standards are used in this bank?  Are you using the internal termination resistors?

0 Kudos
bpatil
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @lucc2 

Along with details requested by @bruce_karaffa, Error message details and snapshot will be very much helpful to understand issue. 

Regards,
Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
sandrao
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @lucc2 

bruce_karaffa is as usual spot with his questions. The version of Vivado is very relevant. 

I filed a Change Request against 2020.1 as I had seen the same behaviour, the IOs would turn Red but when you run the DRC no issues are flagged.

The issue was resolved in 2020.2. 

I would suggest starting with running the DRC, if there is a DRC flagged then the IOs should be showing up at Red. Then bruce_karaffa's other questions is what you need to look at, direction/voltage/IOSTANDARD/Termination. 

sandrao_0-1623401401827.png

Thanks,

Sandy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub , Versal Blogs and the Versal Useful Resources .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos