Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

NgdBuild: 604 when adding HWICAP

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

I'm trying to reconfigure a Virtex-5 FPGA using the embedded PowerPC. I'm using ISE13.1. My design was sythesizing well, until I added the HWICAP IP core to the PowerPC. Now I'm getting the following errors:

ERROR:NgdBuild:604 - logical block
   'Inst_PowerPC/xps_hwicap_0/xps_hwicap_0/HWICAP_CTRL_I/IPIC_IF_I/WRDATA_FIFO_I
   /USE_2N_DEPTH.V5_AND_EARLIER.I_ASYNC_FIFO_BRAM' with type
   'xps_hwicap_0_wrapper_fifo_generator_v4_3_1' could not be resolved. A pin
   name misspelling can cause this, a missing edif or ngc file, case mismatch
   between the block name and the edif or ngc file name, or the misspelling of a
   type name. Symbol 'xps_hwicap_0_wrapper_fifo_generator_v4_3_1' is not
   supported in target 'virtex5'.

ERROR:NgdBuild:604 - logical block
   'Inst_PowerPC/xps_hwicap_0/xps_hwicap_0/HWICAP_CTRL_I/IPIC_IF_I/RDDATA_FIFO_I
   /USE_2N_DEPTH.V5_AND_EARLIER.I_ASYNC_FIFO_BRAM' with type
   'xps_hwicap_0_wrapper_fifo_generator_v4_3_2' could not be resolved. A pin
   name misspelling can cause this, a missing edif or ngc file, case mismatch
   between the block name and the edif or ngc file name, or the misspelling of a
   type name. Symbol 'xps_hwicap_0_wrapper_fifo_generator_v4_3_2' is not
   supported in target 'virtex5'.

What could be the cause of this? From the errors I understand that the netlist for HWICAP is unavailable (??). Is this because the HWICAP IP core I'm using is developed for a Virtex-6 and newer FPGA? Is there any way to solve this?

Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Rikus,

This message indicates that an instance of type "xps_hwicap_0_wrapper_fifo_generator_v4_3_1" (or _2) cannot be found.  The tool is looking for a netlist or library element of that name.  (The latter is the reason the statement "not supported in target 'virtex5'." is issued.)  These are not the library primitives (ICAP_VIRTEX5 is), these are the netlists that should have been created by a core generation tool such as EDK.

Can you verify that there are netlists with these names in your project, and that ngdbuild can find them -- either by placing them in the project directory or by using the -sd switch?

thanks,

david.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

After some investigation, it seems like my original hypothesis was wrong. The datasheet for the LogiCORE IP XPS HWICAP clearly states that the supported device family includes the Virtex-5. So, now i have no idea what the cause could be. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Rikus,

This message indicates that an instance of type "xps_hwicap_0_wrapper_fifo_generator_v4_3_1" (or _2) cannot be found.  The tool is looking for a netlist or library element of that name.  (The latter is the reason the statement "not supported in target 'virtex5'." is issued.)  These are not the library primitives (ICAP_VIRTEX5 is), these are the netlists that should have been created by a core generation tool such as EDK.

Can you verify that there are netlists with these names in your project, and that ngdbuild can find them -- either by placing them in the project directory or by using the -sd switch?

thanks,

david.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hi David,

Thank you very much for your help. The netlists were available in the project directory. The problem was the -sd witch. I went to synthesis properties in ISE and added the project directory as a value for -sd. That worked fine. For some reason, the project directory wasn't added.

Thanks for your help! It is much appreciated!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

hello,i meet the same problem with you.following your advice,i added my project directory to -sd switch,but the errors still exist.what the issue?

0 Kudos