UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

PlanAhead 11.4 - Changes made to IO not being saved back to ISE

All:

I start with a pre-defined net .ucf file, from ISE, I open it in PlanAhead and identify which of my signals are to be differential.   After passing RunDRC, I quit the tool.

How do I pass back these IO changes to the ISE.  If I re-invoke the tool, all my changes have been lost.

Suggestions?

Peter

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: PlanAhead 11.4 - Changes made to IO not being saved back to ISE

Any thoughts on why PlanAhead-pre-synthesis changes to the IO are not being saved back to ISE?

Appreciate any insight.  Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Participant jmnorse
Participant

I haven't used PlanAhead from ISE, but PlanAhead has an option under the file menu called "Export Constraints". You could try using that. If PlanAhead got all of your constraints from the .ucf that ISE is using, then you could just switch out the .ucf files. Otherwise you'll need to copy the modified/new constraints over.

Justin

0 Kudos
Newbie michk

I had such a problem too. I have two vectors for LVDS, one contains positive signals and second negative ones. During PCB development I had to change polarity (mix N and P)  so I had tried to fix it by conecting in diffrent way signals from vectors in PlanAhead, and rodeo started. Configuration form pre-synthesis IO plan did not save configuration anymore. I have fixed it by not mixing vectors, so positive for positive, negative for negative. I prepare data before I send it by negating bits. Conclusion: from my point of view PlanAhead does not like to have negative and positive differential output signals in one vector.   

Michal Klukowski

PS. ver. ISE 11.1

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Only UCF changes are passed back to Project Navigator in pin planning mode.  If you come into planAhead with single-ended netlist, and create new ports (like turning a single ended io into differential) this is actually a netlist (edif) change.  EDIF is not written back to Project Navigator projects.

You actually need to modify your RTL to get separate port signals, or.... use PlanAhead standalone and export a verilog/vhdl header file to go along with the ucf file for pin assignement.  You can then use this template to modify your RTL, if you have any.

Greg Daughtry
Vivado Product Marketing Director, Xilinx, Inc.
0 Kudos