UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Please verify the instance name in the .bmm file and the netlist. The BRAM initialization strings will not get populated with data

Jump to solution

I mapped each Reconfigurable Module(RM) to appropriate pblocks and ran the top level implementation.

I saved this design as config_routed.dcp.

Then, I opened config_routed.dcp to black box out RMs to generate static design checkpoint.

I've got the warning below.

CRITICAL WARNING: [Memdata 28-204] The BRAM instance design_1_i/leaf_empty_0/inst/leaf_v0_2_i/microblaze_0_local_memory/lmb_bram/U0/inst_blk_mem_gen/gnbram.gnative_mem_map_bmg.native_mem_map_blk_mem_gen/valid.cstr/ramloop[0].ram.r/prim_noinit.ram/DEVICE_8SERIES.WITH_BMM_INFO.TRUE_DP.SIMPLE_PRIM36.SERIES8_TDP_SP36_NO_ECC_ATTR.ram could not be found in the netlist. Please verify the instance name in the .bmm file and the netlist. The BRAM initialization strings will not get populated with data.

The RM contains BRAM, and because I black box it out, of course, the BRAM initialization strings will not get populated with data, right? I'm just asking because it raises critical warning.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Please verify the instance name in the .bmm file and the netlist. The BRAM initialization strings will not get populated with data

Jump to solution

Hello @moon5756,

You are correct.  When you black-box modules you are removing the underlying instances so the constraint is pointing to a cell that doesn’t exist.  This is expected. 

Thanks,
Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Re: Please verify the instance name in the .bmm file and the netlist. The BRAM initialization strings will not get populated with data

Jump to solution

i also meet this issue

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @moon5756,

You are correct.  When you black-box modules you are removing the underlying instances so the constraint is pointing to a cell that doesn’t exist.  This is expected. 

Thanks,
Chris

View solution in original post