UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Synthesis failure due to missing .dcp and .v files

I have Vivado project with block design and a number of IPs. One of them was created from a single RTL file. The block design has been validated and generated. When I tried to synthesize the project, I got the error messages that Vivado cannot find .v and .dcp files for this IP. All IPs were packaged and generated the same way. Why .dcp has not been originally generated and how to enforce its generation?

Why the tool is complaining about .v file if I see it in the target directory: ...\COSMO_GOLDEN.srcs\sources_1\bd\COSMO_FPGA\ip\COSMO_FPGA_GPMC_IF_0_0\synth\ COSMO_FPGA_GPMC_IF_0_0.v?

Thank you.   

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Synthesis failure due to missing .dcp and .v files

@arotenst 

From the messages window,

the error [SYNTH 8 - 439] says that while synthesizing the module COSMO_FPGA_GPMA_IF_0_0

a submodule by the name GPMC_IF is not found, can you correct this and then try again.

you said that IP was packaged using a single RTL file, then why is synthesis trying to look for GPMC_IF (module) RTL file ?

It would be helpful if you share with us the hierarchy and Log file 

--Suraj

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Synthesis failure due to missing .dcp and .v files

I do not know what Vivado is doing. Now the tool does not complain about the missing .dcp file (which is still missing although I re-generated IP with OOC and generated Output Products for BD).
I have attached the log files. Should I expect the missing files if the BD was validated and generated?
The GPMC_IF is not an RTL file, it is a name of IP.

0 Kudos