UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor ztfxixixi
Visitor

Urgent: How to generate .fnf file with xilinx ISE 11.1 or Planahead 11.1

before 11.1, like 10.1i, when using floorplanner to open .ngd, the .fnf file can be generaged from floorplanner GUI.

However, when using ISE 11.1, it reminds that the floorplanner should be got from planahead.

When I open planahead 11.1, I can't find any place to generate .fnf file.

Could anybody help to tell me how to generate .fnf file when using xilinx ISE 11.1 suite?

Many thanks! Urgent.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Urgent: How to generate .fnf file with xilinx ISE 11.1 or Planahead 11.1

PlanAhead does not support fnf files, and the modular design flow as well has been been largely replaced by partitions.  Although I'm not as familiar with the floorplanner, I believe the equivalent is the UCF file.  FNF is floorplanner-specific and is a netlist/constraints file.

Can you please explain exactly what you are trying to do?  The modular design flow is tightly tied to older versions of the ISE tools and PlanAhead, and is not supported in 11.

Greg Daughtry
Vivado Product Marketing Director, Xilinx, Inc.
0 Kudos