cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

set_property "LOC" in OOC flow doesn't work

Hello, I combined my logic and a PCIe core's .dcp(synth) file in pcie_adapter module. And I want to implement the pcie_adapter module in OOC mode.

I defined the location in *_ooc_phys.xdc file like this:

set_property LOC BUFGCTRL_X0Y27 [get_cells {pcie_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/userclk1_i1.usrclk1_i1}]

But after implementation, I always get critical warning like this:

HDOOC-4#1 Critical Warning
No Pblock range or LOC for cell
11 Cells are found with no placement constraints. Failure to control placement of logic with either a Pblock or a LOC constraint may result in placement conflicts if the out-of-context implementation results are reused in a top-level design. The following is a list of cells (up to the first 15) with no placement constraints:
ibuf_sys_n (IBUF)
ibuf_sys_p (IBUF)
ibuf_sys_rst (IBUF)
pcie_7x_0_support_i/pcie_7x_0_i/inst/inst/gt_top_i/pipe_wrapper_i/cpllpd_refclk_inst (BUFG)

Attachment is my project. The OOC synth and implement flows are controlled by design_complete.tcl. Other related .tcl files are all come from ug946.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @carnby

Is this warning seen during OOC Implementation?

Did you see any critical warning saying that the tool was not able to apply the constraint?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

It looks like the cell name given in the LOC constraint does not match the cell name given in the message:

From Constraint:

pcie_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/userclk1_i1.usrclk1_i1}

From Critical Warning:

pcie_7x_0_support_i/pcie_7x_0_i/inst/inst/gt_top_i/pipe_wrapper_i/cpllpd_refclk_inst

It could be that the LOC did take affect, but that you need an additional LOC on this other BUFG cell. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hello,

pcie_7x_0_support_i/pcie_7x_0_i/inst/inst/gt_top_i/pipe_wrapper_i/cpllpd_refclk_inst was constrained in the pcie_adapter_inst1_ooc_phys.xdc file, line 19. And another you mentioned was constrained in line 16 like this:

set_property LOC BUFGCTRL_X0Y27 [get_cells {pcie_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/userclk1_i1.usrclk1_i1}]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hello, 

Yes, the critical warnings all generated in the OOC flow. 

Attachments is the figure of error message. 

20151106094230.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Were you able to find the in the log file where the XDC is being processed?  Did you see any Critical Warnings about these LOC constraints? I've never seen an issue like this.  If the constraint it properly written (has correct hierachical cell name), the LOC should be correctly applied.  Plesse verify that the names are properly scoped to the module level. (ie. /pcie_7x_0_support_i/... and not /toplevel_wrapper/pcie_7x_0_support_i/...).

If you still can't get this to work, try to open up the post-opt_design DCP in the GUI, and assign the LOC constraints there. You can drag and drop the BUFG, GT, and IO buffer cells to the location you want them to go. If you can get them assigned in the GUI, then the Tcl Console will contain the XDC constraint used that can then be compared to your current XDC constraints. 

0 Kudos