UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer gongdori
Observer

Cannot Find Cable!

Hi all,

I was trying to program the FPGA on ML605 V6 development board. When I tried to scan JTAG, I got a warning saying

"WARNING:iMPACT:923 - Cannot Find cable. Check cable setup!"

and got following results:

AutoDetecting cable. Please wait.
PROGRESS_START - Starting Operation.
Connecting to cable (Usb Port - USB21).
Checking cable driver.
 Driver file xusb_emb.sys found.
 Driver version: src=1029, dest=1029.
 Driver windrvr6.sys version = 10.2.1.0.Cable connection failed.

It looks that the PC saw usb-jtag, but it failed to connect to it.

Does anyone know why???

Thanks,

Thomas

6 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Cannot Find Cable!

Which Programmer do you have? - I recently found, the the newer ISE do not suppoer old (USB I) programmers anymore. (I had exactly the same message.)

But in your case it might be also something different.

0 Kudos
Teacher eteam00
Teacher

I recently found, the the newer ISE do not suppoer old (USB I) programmers anymore. (I had exactly the same message.)

I'm using ISE 13.4 running on Windows Vista x64, and my USB Platform Cable (I) works fine.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hm ... strange, I got that behaviour with two similar USB Programmers of the DG9 series trying to access the avnet S6 LX board.

When elaborating this, Impact came up with someting like "did not find USB II cable".

When trying to initialze the chain, sometimes "cable was not found", sometimes the jtag chain reports weired devices and device numbers. This happened with 13.2 and 13.3  (13.4 not tested anymore),

Without changing anything, neither SW / HW or board settings, everything worked fine just pluggin in DLS 10s.

0 Kudos
Observer arash-rezaee
Observer

Hi Thomas

Did you find how to solve your problem? i have the same problem and I don`t know what to do. If you know the solution please let me know.

Regards

Arash

Newbie leeeeha

Did you find solution of your problem ? I have same problem.

0 Kudos
Teacher rcingham
Teacher

I had similar problem recently - ChipScopePro from ISE14.2 and Windows 7.
I tried Impact from ISE 12.2, which found the cable ok, since when no problems with the new ChipScopePro...
I blame Micro$0ft...

------------------------------------------
"If it don't work in simulation, it won't work on the board."
0 Kudos