UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor jgharrison
Visitor

Chipscope in Vivado overwriting xdc file

When I add ILAs to my design, Vivado writes to my xdc file and changes it.  Is there a way to tell Vivado to put the Chipscope constraints in a separate xdc file?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Chipscope in Vivado overwriting xdc file

HI,

Did you try creating a new XDC and making at as target for new constraints?

Please check if below tutorial helps, I think similar flow can be used for chipscope

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_1/ug945-vivado-using-constraints-tutorial.pdf

Regards,

Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Visitor jgharrison
Visitor

Re: Chipscope in Vivado overwriting xdc file

Thank you, that solved part of my problem.  I created a new constraint file, set it as target, and now all of the constraints related to ChipScope go into that constraint file.

However, Vivado is still changing my original xdc file.  Our PCB is already designed, so I already put all of the pin assignments into the xdc file.  As I build up my design, not all the pins are being used yet, so synthesis optimizes them out.  That is OK, but when the Chipscope constraints are written to an xdc file, the pin assignments for signals that were optimized out are being erased from the original xdc file.  But I want them to stay there because I will need them in the future, I don't want to have to add them back in later.  Also, I noticed that Vivado is removing the positive pin assignment for all of my differential clocks.  Is that normal or am I doing something wrong somewhere else that is causing this?

0 Kudos