UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer emounty
Observer

Error:iMPACT:2204

Jump to solution
A search for this error message yields no results. Has anyone else encountered this before? Here's a suggestion for xilinx: When a tool developer writes code to print out an error codehow about adding an explanatory message to this search database? Just a thought.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer emounty
Observer

Re: Error:iMPACT:2204

Jump to solution

Detailed content? There's an error code for Pete's sake. You tell me what the code means as I can't find an error message listing anywhere.

Well here's the solution found by a customer through trial and error.

Open the download.cmd file on the project tab.On the "assignfile" and "program" lines the argumentto the -p switch was 5 for some mysterious reason. There is only one device in the JTAG chain so changing the argument to 1 makes the download bitstream command work without error.

If I seem a little hostile it's because I have spent 80% of my time trying to get this tool to work rather than actual development work.   Now I have to try and figure out why I can't see my code in gdb.

7 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Could you please provide the detailed content of the error message? This might give us some clues.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer emounty
Observer

Jump to solution

Detailed content? There's an error code for Pete's sake. You tell me what the code means as I can't find an error message listing anywhere.

Well here's the solution found by a customer through trial and error.

Open the download.cmd file on the project tab.On the "assignfile" and "program" lines the argumentto the -p switch was 5 for some mysterious reason. There is only one device in the JTAG chain so changing the argument to 1 makes the download bitstream command work without error.

If I seem a little hostile it's because I have spent 80% of my time trying to get this tool to work rather than actual development work.   Now I have to try and figure out why I can't see my code in gdb.

Visitor cimasys
Visitor

Jump to solution

I, too, tire of error codes that have no meaning.  Especially when all they do is link to a xilinx search that comes up empty.

My probelm was exactly the same "-p 5" should have been "-p 1" in download.cmd.  Thanks for the fix - would have wasted a few hours on this one.

0 Kudos
Observer ramonal
Observer

Jump to solution

Hey,

I followed the instruction to change -p . In my case I had -p 3 and I changed it to 1 but I also get the ERRE:iMPACT:2204 - Can only assign file to device 1.

If anyone has an idea, I would be very grateful,

Ramona

0 Kudos
Visitor morsub4u
Visitor

Jump to solution

I had the SAME problem!  There were two lines in my file that had "-p 5" and after changing them both, it works great.  Thanks for the help!!

0 Kudos
Newbie u61971

Jump to solution

Thank you.

I too was having this problem.

0 Kudos
Visitor vorm153
Visitor

Jump to solution

I dont find download.cmd file. Can you tell me where it is?

0 Kudos