UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor pinkhamr
Visitor

Remote Host Synthesis and Implementation stuck at "Scripts Generated"

I am trying to run synthesis on a remote host with Vivado 2016.2. Both the local machine and the remote machine are running Scientific Linux 6, and can compile the project on their own. I have setup the ssh keys so that I may ssh to the other machine without entering the password, and the "Test" function in the remote host setup succeeds. When I launch the run on the remote host, the status of the run changes to "Scripts Generated" and does not move on. Is there something else which needs to be setup for the host to complete the synthesis?

Scripts_Generated.png
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Remote Host Synthesis and Implementation stuck at "Scripts Generated"

@pinkhamr,

Have you selected the "Generate Scripts only" option while launching runs?

Generate scripts only option Generates scripts to run later. Use runme.bat (Windows) or runme.sh (Linux) to start the run.

If you select Launch runs on local/remote host, then it will launch the runs.

Refer page 19 of this link for details:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2015_3/ug901-vivado-synthesis.pdf

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
scripts.JPG
0 Kudos
Visitor pinkhamr
Visitor

I did not select that option. Attached are the screenshots of the options I used and the successful connection test to the remote machine.

When I do try to run the script, it still launches the runs locally, not on the remote host.

connection_passed.png
Launch_Runs.png
0 Kudos

@nupurs,

I have the same issue of @pinkhamr
but running implementation on a remote host with Vivado 2018.1;
both local and remote are equipped with Ubuntu 16.04.

setup the ssh keys -> OK
"Test" function -> OK.

But, when I launch the run on the remote host,
the status of the run changes to "Scripts Generated" and does not move on.

what am I losing?
something else which needs to be setup for the host?
0 Kudos
Observer chuffine@cai
Observer

Do you have file share access correctly applied? You need to have the project files accessible from the remote host.

0 Kudos